We’re hiring! Join the Caring Hands Animal Hospital Team 🙂
Open Positions (1) – Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT)
Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT)
Employment Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Reporting directly to Veterinarian/Owner as well as Hospital Manager. The Licensed Vet Tech (LVT) will maintain responsibilities related to pet care as well as operation functions relating to veterinary events held within Caring Hands Animal Hospital. Compliance with organizational standards, hospital policies, and procedures is mandatory. This position will require the ability to work a schedule in accordance with business needs.
Scheduled hours can include working up to forty (40) hours per week (Part-time or Full-time accepted), minimal overtime, some weekends and some holidays.
Must be able to consistently perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Perform Routine Dental Cleanings
- Assist veterinarian with appointments (routine and emergency), surgery, dentistry, and euthanasia, taking direct supervision from the veterinarian(s) and the Lead Technician.
- Venipunture and catheter placement
- Induction and monitoring of anesthesia – Prepare patients for surgical and dental procedures, safely support induction and monitoring of anesthetized patients including checking and recording vital parameters (under direction of the veterinarian), monitor patients during recovery, and prepare them for going home or transfer to an overnight care facility as needed.
- Preparation of surgical packs, including sterilization
- Anesthesia monitoring when needed
- Process Laboratory Samples
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Administer medications as needed at the direction of the veterinarian,
- Prepare medications to go home at the direction of the veterinarian,
- Prepare Go Home Instructions
- Go Over Anesthesia Consent Form
- Prepare and go over Patient Estimates
- Provide in-hospital treatments for sick patients including giving injectable and oral medications as well as intravenous fluid therapy; keep patients clean, watered, and fed (when indicated and directed by veterinarian), and safely walk canine patients when necessary for elimination.
- Animal restraint and handling
- Clean/Sanitize/Prepare rooms for events
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers
- Provide exceptional, loving, compassionate patient care
- Maintain accurate and professional medical records
- Stock and maintain medical supplies
- Maintain hospital environment clean & sanitized, perform regular cleaning of environment based on necessity as well as based on a predetermined maintenance schedule.
- Follow up patient calls
- Reminder calls when needed
- Assist with kennels when needed
- Greet clients and patients arriving for appointments or walk ins and escort into an exam room, obtain weight and vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations, pain score, body condition score), and record all in the electronic medical record, begin documentation of the patient visit in the electronic medical record by documenting a thorough patient history.
- Schedule appointments, communicate with and educate clients, relay test results to doctor and clients, maintain and update inventory as well as client/patient records, and manage accounts receivable.
- Participate in the training of new staff members and general dissemination of knowledge as required.
- All duties included and not limited to the statues put forth by The Nevada State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
Desired Soft Skills:
- Must have at least 1-year previous experience or working in a veterinary practice
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be compassionate and sympathetic, and be able to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor during emotional and stressful situations
- Must be coachable, mentor-able, flexible to adapt to change
- Must be accountable, high integrity, person of character, high level of prioritization
- Ability to be effective and efficient with time
- Must have a willingness to learn, grow, and jump in where needed
- Must maintain a professional respectful demeanor with superiors, peers, customers and patients, and any and all relationships tied to our hospital (profanity or inappropriate language strictly prohibited)
- Planning and Problem Solving Skills preferred
- Must have telephone and computer skills
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus (not required)
The majority of job duties are conducted in the Veterinary Hospital. Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 30 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. A large amount of this LVT’s time will be spent in direct contact with clients and their pets.
College or college-equivalent education (completed) as required in becoming a Credentialed Veterinary Technician in the state in Nevada
About Caring Hands Animal Hospital
Our vision at Caring Hands Animal hospital is to earn our client’s trust and create lasting relationships, by treating them as we would like to be treated. With this in mind our mission statement is Caring for Pets as if They Were Our Own. Caring Hands Animal Hospital is a private family practice led by Dr. Armando Martinez. Our team is made up of wonderful individuals that love pets, and enjoy being a part of a hospital that truly cares for the well being of its patients.
This is why we seek for individuals that share this passion for the wellbeing of pets, that are loving, caring, and respectful, who are also personally driven to excel in their current and future roles within our pet hospital. Our ongoing growth allows for our employees to grow their skills in numerous ways, from customer experience, vet assistant skills, licensed vet technician skills, to administration, marketing, project management and human resources.
Apply today at email@example.com
Or via ZipRecruiter Link